Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pregnancy after stillbirth: 25 weeks 2 days

I just called the midwife out because I've had a bad few days and desperately needed to talk to someone.

Movements are there throughout the day but they don't feel as strong as they have been in the past.  About a week to 2 weeks ago, I had lots of long periods where the baby would move for an hour or so, continuously, but I've had nothing like that for about a week.  I'm finding it difficult to understand patterns.  I was feeling and seeing movement on the outside, from about 20/21 weeks, but not so much now.  Since 18 weeks (I think) I've been having movement throughout the day, and I still am, but I don't know if they are right or not.  Sometimes I don't feel definite movement but I do feel pressure, or I feel a tightness in one part of my belly combined with some kicks, and I figure that's the baby moving into one area, but without full strong kicks every day, every few minutes I worry. Sometimes the movements feel more like gas or bubbles and that's terrifying.

The longest periods without movement are probably about an hour, maybe 90 minutes, which is normal I think, but every time there's no movement for a while it scares the shite out of me.

I'm told that the change in types of movement, and the strong vs weak movement is absolutely normal for this stage but..  well but is all I can write isn't it?  The midwife said that as my placenta is at the back if the baby has their back to my bump and is kicking the placenta that I won't feel so much.  She said that at 28 weeks it will get a lot easier to feel.

I'm worn out.  I'm listening to Sinead O'Connor on youtube and I'm worn out.

No comments: