Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sequential Sartorial from Women Write About Comics

I found this post on Women Write About Comics (WWAC) about fashion in pop culture and I just love it:

http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2014/11/18/sequential-sartorial-why-does-fashion-matter-in-comics/

I love the nerdiness, the appreciation for detail, the importance of the subject, the critical thought behind the passion and all the rest. It's great. I love the comments too.  Go read it.

On twitter I got in on the action by talking about my three favourite Supergirl outfits that really show her personality through her clothes:
 I don't know the artist here, sorry.

Art by Amanda Connor.  Pre new 52, post crisis, was issue 12 I think.

Art by Ian Churchill.  Also pre new 52, post crisis.  This is before issue 20, possibly 13, 14 or 15.  It had the new Captain Boomerang in it.

You may not like the art, or that incarnation of Kara, but you cannot deny that thought has gone into what she is wearing.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

I love Amanda Connor so very very much.