Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter/Ostara/Spring Equinox

I didn't mange to get a post up for Ostara in March, chiefly because life got really hectic, then I was away for 2 weeks, and am only just now getting time to breathe.

So Happy Ostara and Happy Easter everybody!  In the UK we have a long bank holiday weekend - 4 days off! - and I am spending it seeing friends, catching up chores and hopefully cooking some good meals.  I would normally make it a point to eat eggs at this time of year, but as I'm only allowed well done eggs - basically hard boiled - I am losing my enthusiasm for them.  On the other hand, since the boyfriend described me as being all boobs and belly last week, I am feeling particularly fecund!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Here is a picture of this year's Easter Tree:


We will eat the chocolate bunnies on Sunday.  I feel like there's a lot I haven't done with respect to celebrating the festivals over the last year.  This makes me sad, as I think it's important to take time out to consider and ruminate on spiritual stuff.  I must rectify this.

No comments: