Saturday, February 09, 2013

Comic reviews for week commencing 6/2/2013

Today's comics are these beauties:


That's Fearless Defenders 1, Ultimate Spider-Man 20 and Animal Man 17.  I also got a Marvel Now sampler but I only had one reaction to that which is this.  Honestly Marvel, not good.

I couldn't pick up Supergirl 16 as they'd ran out, so I'll get that next week.  My pull list is all sorted out now so that's good.

As for the comics.... well...spoilers ahead!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Animal Man 17.
It's the Rotworld finale part 1.  I'm really glad this is coming to a close.  It's been so long winded and slow I have lost all interest in it.  It just doesn't have the hook that the previous issues had.  The horror is gone.  It's all guest stars and Armageddon, again.  Since DC rebooted their universe and introduced these new versions of the characters to us, it would make sense for us to get know them before they start saving the world, otherwise we just don't care about them.
I did like the Plant Green Lantern, so it's a shame he died.  It's Interesting that Frankenstein got the ring.  I'm mildly intrigued to see the 'batgirl' that was with Swamp Thing.  I'm guessing she's the daughter of Manbat.
When this arc has finished I reckon I'll sell the run on ebay.

Ultimate Spider-Man 20
Oh this was good!  Venom is huge!  A real honest-to-gods monster!  And now Miles' Dad is critically ill. :(  I felt for sure that Jefferson would recognise Miles under the mask and that was why he went back into the fight, but I guess we won't discover if I'm correct for a while yet.  Oh boy this is good.  I hope the sales figures for this series are good, because it's one of the better ones on sale at the moment.

Fearless Defenders 1
The comic shop suggested I get this as I asked for the first X-lady title to be put aside for me.  It has lesbians in it.  I will add it to my pull list and see how I get on with it,

No comments: