Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Man of Steel trailer number 2

Just watched it.

I am mostly impressed and awed.

I am surprised by Cavill's voice, that is not how I imagine Clark to sound.  Yes yes yes, I know I'm spoiled by Christopher Reeve and Tom Welling.  So shoot me.

Young Clark(s) are excellent.

I am very very surprised that Pa Kent even considered that Clark should have let the folk in the bus die.  I'm a bit concerned by that.  Pa Kent is meant to be his moral compass (as is Ma Kent).  I'm not sure about Pa's certainty that the world would reject him, but maybe that's just because I haven't heard it put in that way before.

The flowing cape is nice.

Ma Kent seems good.

I wish the colours weren't so muted.

Cavill is a very handsome Superman.

Overall, I'm awed.  Of course I'm awed, I'm a huge Superman fan.  I am very much looking forward to this.

Now, does anyone know if there's an English subtitled version of the trailer?  I want to show it to a Deaf friend.

EDIT: Found subtitled versions.  The new trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJWKGZRXJU
The first trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwj6E-Wjsks
Pity that neither's subtitles tell you who is speaking though.

No comments: