Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jay Garrick outfit

I'm putting together a Jay Garrick outfit for the London Super Comic con.  Here's my preliminary post about it.

The costs
T-shirt - already owned, as a birthday present.
The boots - bought from ebay for £2.42 plus £2,50 postage.
The jeans - bought from New Look for £25.99
The hat - bought from ebay for £9.95 plus £3.75 postage.
The spray paint for the hat - £4.55, from a local DIY shop.
The primer, to prepare the hat for the spray - £8.53
The fimo - to make the wings, £4.30 from a craft shop
The acrylic gold paint - to paint the wings, £1,75, from a craft shop.
Gold feather charms - for general decoration, bought from ebay, £0.99 plus £0.85 postage.  I'm not sure how I'm gonna use these yet.  We'll see. I could attach one each to the boots, cos I'm certainly not planning to do fancy wings for the boots.

Anyway, here's the stuff for the hat, as gathered so far.

I will put up in progress posts and pictures, as well as showing the completed thing.  I am picking the jeans up on Thursday, but probably won't start putting things together for a couple of weeks.

I've also just realised I don't have a belt yet..hmm..  I'm not sure if the jeans have belt loops at the top.  I may need to get even more crafty.  This could be a problem, because I am not by nature a crafty person..

Anyway.  If you go to the con and see a Jay Garrick around, it will probably be me.  So come and say hi!


James Ashelford said...

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Best of luck.

Saranga said...

so am i...!!

SallyP said...

Gosh, I love Jay...he's my favorite Flash. Good Luck!

SallyP said...

James should dress up as the Shade, and you can have a duel, with a penny/farthing bicycle, and...and stuff.

Saranga said...

James is yopu come along and dress up I'll mock fight you!