Monday, July 11, 2011

Coming out in comics: Poison Ivy

From Gotham City Sirens 24, I present to you:


In seperate pages, to make it easier to embiggen:

The whole point of this arc is that Harley knows exactly what buttons to push to get the reaction she needs.  She knows people's inner truths and she knows how to present them in the most hurtful manner.  So when in the last panel she says to Ivy "Is it because you loves me?" you know she's telling the truth, Harley does love her.

As far as I'm concerned that's incontrovertible proof that Ivy likes women, making her lesbian or bisexual.

One up for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, her on-again-off-again relationship with Harley Quinn is basically fandom canon. I'm all for it.-ealperin

LissBirds said...

Ahh, now I see what you were talking about over at my blog!

You know, I always write off Harley as being not intelligent enough to be able to manipulate people that well. And then I remember that she used to be a psychologist. So, duh, that should be pretty easy for her to do.

Here's one instance where fans came up with an idea and DC actually published it--how often does that happen?

I always thought of Ivy as asexual, or at times, not capable of love. (Because of her plant physiology and because she's always using people.) I guess I was wrong! Ivy has a soul after all.