Monday, June 27, 2011

I should probably talk about the Green Lantern movie

I really enjoyed it.  As a superhero flick it's a bit by-the-numbers, but as a Green Lantern fan and Hal Jordan hater I loved it.  Ryan Reynolds did a suprisingly great job as Hal and Carol Ferris was also surprisingly effective.  She could have done with a bit more strength to her voice, but nevermind.

I thought I'd hate the movie, but I enjoyed every second of it.  The rubbish CGI looks far better on the big screen so I quickly got over my hatre dof the suit/ring/lantern.  The Guardians and Oa looked fab, and Kilowog said poozer and ring slinging!  Hal made a couple of giant green fists!  And was none too bright.  And was an ass.  Yeah, I liked it.  If you like superhero movies, go see it.

I missed the scene in the credits though. :(   I must youtube it.

If any non comic fans have seen it, I'd be interested in your views.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw the movie! See my Tumblr for some spoilers.

Basically in the middle of the credits, Sinestro takes off his GL ring and puts the yellow one on ( and his costume and eyes change colors to reflect that). The rest of the credits continue after that. -ealperin

Lord Runolfr said...

And as Nena and I agreed, this movie was made of tasty, tasty cheese.

I actually think the scene in the end credits gave away too much. I think just have the yellow ring sitting in its case would have been a better tease (although, as others have noted, with a name like "Sinestro", you know where things are going).

SallyP said...

Oh heck, it was loud, fun and violent. What more could you ask for? And Ryan Reynolds makes for a very very pretty Hal. He's also a bit of a jerk, but hey, so is Hal, so it all works out.

It is pretty obvious, from the abruptness of some scenes, that a good deal of good stuff was cut, but still...a good movie.