Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Solstice!

It's the summer solstice today, the longest day of the year :)  A few years ago it fell on the weekend and my friend had a solstice party, so I did see dawn in.  As I have to work today I won't have stayed up Monday night to see the dawn, and I highly doubt I'll have woken up to catch dawn (I'm writing this in advance and scheduling i)t.  But, I will enjoy how late sunset occurs, from the safety and comfort of my house.

I hope everyone has a good day today :)

(EDIT -  this was meant to post at sunrise morning.  Oops).

3 comments:

Simon B said...

Have a good one, Saranga!

Sea-of-Green said...

Longest day
Shortest night
Longest light
Shortest dark
The world within
Echoes the world without
Lush foliage, leaves unfurled
Soft springy grass dotted with
Brightly colored flowers peeping through
The earth is green and bright
With warm sunny days
Clear velvety blue skies
Gentle cool breezes
Nature in glory
Our hopes blossom
Creativity flowers
With the season
The seeds of the fruit
Our desires will bear
Can be seen
On the stems
Of our dreams

- Unknown

Sounds almost like a Green Lantern oath, doesn't it? ;-)

Saranga said...

Nice poem. And yes, I immediately thoguth Lantern oath when i read the first 2 lines ;)