Monday, August 23, 2010

So, there are some things which seem US centric.

In the blogosphere, or at least those sections I inhabit, it does sometimes seem very American dominated.  Maybe that's cos I mostly read DC comics blogs.  Anyway, some things I read look, on first glance, to be only about the USA. But sometimes, I think the text is worth repeating.

On Stars and Garters recently, notintheface wrote this:

A Helpful Racial Etiquette Tip

For anyone asking the question "If black people can use the word 'n___er', why can't white people use it?", here's my answer:

Because when they do, they usually sound like complete fucking idiots."

You can read the whole post here.  Please do.


SallyP said...

Hit the nail on the head.

notintheface said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I'd been hearing that complaint ad nauseum for years and always felt that way about it.

Here's a shout-out to a post you might like. Not sure if you're a Flash fan.