Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nicola Scott to take over art duties on Teen Titans

From the DC Source blog:

Not long ago, we announced that GREEN ARROW writer J.T. Krul would be adding DC’s top teen team to his resume and taking over as the ongoing writer of TEEN TITANS, starting with October’s #88. But who’s handling the art side?
None other than Nicola Scott, who’s built up a long list of credits at DC, including SECRET SIX, BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN and the main WONDER WOMAN title. Scott and Krul will join forces to usher in a new era for the teen series, featuring some familiar faces and a few surprises.

---------------------

And, Damian will be in it :o

I have mixed feelings about JT Krul but I am positive that even if his writing is a bit low in quality, Scott can save it all with her art.  I have got the entire run of the current Teen Titans, in trade or floppy, with the exception of a few written by Felicia Henderson.  I always thought TT would be one I'd stick with through thick or thin, but sadly not.
However, with Krul and Scott on creative duties I again have high hopes for this book.  It may not be as good as Geoff Johns run but it will definitely be a lot better than the current sack of shit being produced.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just gad they are getting rid of Henderson. What was that person smoking. I dropped Titans all together. The inconsistent art and terrible story/plot lines gave me headaches. The writing made me feel like they were high schoolers with drama and angst not superheroes....ok rant over =). Teen Titans use to be one of my favorite books. I'm mad about what happened to it.

Nicola Scott in my opinion is an amazing artist and having her work on Titans is like taking one step back. I mean she worked on Wonder Woman i think she deserves something with better writing. I guess we will have to wait and see if J.T. Krul delivers on Titans. (pray he does)

SallyP said...

Egad. Now I'm torn. I simply adore Nicola Scott, but I can't stand the Teen Titans. On the other hand, I'm starting to actually like Damian.

What to do, what to do?

Saranga said...

@ Bugaboo: let's just hope Krul doesn't kill them all off!

@Sally: Do you just hate the recent Teen Titans or is this a more longstanding thing?

SallyP said...

Well, the originals are just fine, but all the death and destruction and general wankery amongst the more recent books has been pretty depressing. I'm SO glad that Jaime is out of there!