Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Digging stuff out from the archives..

A while ago I wrote about J'onn J'onzz getting genderswapped into Joan J'onzz.  I never did post a scan, so here we go:




It's not the most progressive thing in the world is it?   It is however, a fun read.  And in it's defence it tries to be satirical.

Changing tack slightly, I think more people should be made aware of the existence of the Beefeater.  He had a Sybil Fawlty like wife and was created so the JLE could feature a caricatured, inept, posh Englishman.  He looked like a fool:




Lastly, there was a delightful Tremors rip off.  If you liked Tremors may I recommend you track down and purchase Justice League Europe 24 and 25.  Particularly because the man controlling the giant worms also had a giant tuning fork ready to hum with your hatred.  I shit you not:








4 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I was wondering why JJ/MM's pouty lips were so appealing on that cover. If he's a shape shifter that doesn't really look like a human anyway, why does he have to change gender to look female? Or am I just confused by the JL cartoon?

Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, geez, the Beefeater. And to think I'd almost succeeded in forgetting about him.

Good thing J'onn wasn't genderswapped while Hal Jordan was leading the JLE!

Saranga said...

@ Darius: I haven't seen the JL cartoon so can't comment on that.
I guess he doesn't have to actually change gender, and I guess more accurately I should write he's changing the outward appearence of his (human) sex.
You'd think he'd be able to find some better clothes tho.
@ Sea: Ha! I hadn't thought of that!

SallyP said...

I have to admit that Guy Gardner was MUCH more attractive when HE turned into a woman. But yes, Sea has a very valid point. J'onn is just lucky Hal wasn't around, that's for sure.

I'm rather fond of the Beefeater. And I liked JLE, but man, I hated that Bart Sears art.