Monday, May 25, 2009

Feminist sites I think you should take a gander at

I'll try and keep this as up to date as possible but it may be that my 'Blogs I Follow list' contains more links.  Also be aware that those listed below are only those that are explicitly feminist - I don't follow misogynist blogs - so please brose my other reccs for other interesting sites to visit!

If you're not happy with the description attached to your blog please leave me a comment and I'll change it.

If you want a description and you haven't got one, that's because I'm not sure how to sum up your blog. Give me a suggestion and I'll add it!

All poured out
Ami Angelwings Super cute rants of Doom
An Open Letter from a Feminist - Scottish academic
Bechdel Movie Test, The - More than 1 woman in a film, talking to each other about something other than a man. Rarer than you'd think.
Deeplyflawedbuttrying - UK, writes about politics, motherhood and everyday life, not always explicit about feminism, but it's obvious she is.  Her possta re not intended to be though provoking. They just are, as a consequence it is very unpretentious and very straightforward.

Female Impersonator
Feminazery - British site dedicated to feminism and ridiculing the Daily Mail.  The Daily Mail is a hideous British 'news'paper which is utterly, sexist, homphobic, racist, transphobic, hate filled, bile filled piece of pus that unfortunately is produced in my country.  Anything ridiculing it and pointing out it's failings is welcomed and encouraged
Feminist SF - The Blog
Feminist SF Carnival
Finally, A Feminism 101 Blog - Newbies, Start here.
FWD/Forward - Feminists with Disabilities, Forward
My Thoughts, Unveiled and UncensoredOh, You're a FEMINIST?!
Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture
Red is for Passion - Knitting and Buffy



Religious Jezebel - Also covers race issues. Pro LGBTQ and sex workers rights.
Shakesville
The Carnival of Feminists
The F Word - UK Feminist news, reviews, blog site.

No comments: