Saturday, June 28, 2008

Things that are right

It's summer! And that means all sorts of fresh locally grown fruit for the eating. I am getting through a ridiculous amount, it's great!

Me and the boyfriend went on a moth watching course last night. It was really interesting and we saw two particularly cool moths.



That large bugger is an elephant hawk moth. I never knew they came in pink! More information here. We also saw this one:


That one's a flame shoulder moth. And I thought it was really pretty. I found out moths and butterflies generally live between 5 days and a few weeks, unless they are shutting down for winter, and at adult stage lots don't actually eat. I think this is awesome.

What else have I been doing? I've been too busy to blog much anyway. For the last month I've been busy every weekend, either with friends or family visiting, or me visiting people in London (currently a 6 hour round trip), or going to stay with friends in Devon and spending all my money. I slept in till 11 am today. veyr lazy but I haven't been able to do that for weeks and dear god it was nice not to have to do anything. To have a whole day to myself with no obligations or committments. Bliss.

I have now bought myself a Wildhearts ticket to their 15th anniversary of the Earth vs The Wildhearts album, which is going to kick the biggest amounts of ass ever. Especially as I'll be going with school friends I haven't seen in at least 5 years!

And the most awesome thing to make me happy recently is the Go Elephants! project in Norwich right now. Lots of baby elephants painted in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways situated around the city. Me and the boyfriend shall be going on a hunt tomorrow to find them all.

Happy summer everyone!

No comments: